Pages

November 4, 2014

If you don't vote ...

"If you don't vote, you can't complain."

This is bull. How about we change it to don't complain. Complaining, griping, moaning and bitching--these don't accomplish much at all.

Being critical, being constructive, involving yourself in the daily happenings of your government: These things are beneficial.

I look at the nationwide election outcome, and I feel frustrated. I look at my state's choices and hold my breath, telling myself that it's still early.

But, if trends hold true, I will not complain.  I will, however, involve myself.  I will write letters to my candidates thanking them for their time and efforts. I will write letters to the elected telling them of my expectations. I will continue to let my voice be heard and maybe--hopefully--our government will be for me.

AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...