Pages

November 17, 2014

Thank you, Briley

Today I'm thanking Briley. Briley is better known as Daughter 2. If you keep up with me on Facebook, you know that she's an avid softball-er and keeps me in stitches with her wit and humor.


I have no idea where she gets it.

The good news is that she's always been this way. Where Hadley's been serious, Briley's been not serious. As a baby, Hadley did more crying than Briley did--this was usually because we wouldn't let Hadley pick up her baby sister, and Briley was all like, "What? I left the womb for this?"

But, Briley's also intense. She loves intensely. She gives her whole heart to her passions. She thinks of others first. She loves God and the idea that while her life is wonderful here, greater things are waiting for her in the next life.

She feels compassion and empathy for those less fortunate. While she's fiercely competitive, she is sad for those lose. She's lonely for those who are friendless. She aches for those who are hungry, cold and needy.

But she's also willing to back up her feelings with actions. She constantly has an activity going or a plan brewing or a stream of intelligent (sometimes) and entertaining (always) words coming from her mouth.

Most importantly, she completes our family. I used to dream of having three or four children. But, once Briley joined us, I knew she and Hadley were enough. They filled my heart.



Besides, who could follow this kid?


AddThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...